At Via Christe, we strive to offer as much assistance as necessary, while allowing as much independence as possible. We provide graduating levels of care as more assistance is required.
- Bathing and grooming
- Incontinence program
- One person transfers
- Physical assistance with mobility
- Eating and food preparation
- Medication management
- Weekly/daily vital sign monitoring
- Diabetic Care
- Housekeeping & laundry more than once per week
- Transportation more than once per week
- Behavior monitoring
- Encouraged socialization
WHAT TO BRING
Selecting which items to bring or purchase to decorate your new home can be difficult. At Via Christe, we want you to make yourself at home, and decorate your apartment in a way that makes you feel most comfortable.
In most cases, you are moving to a smaller and more convenient area to live in. Bring your most cherished items, but don’t overwhelm your apartment or yourself by overcrowding. The Via Christe staff is available to hang pictures and other items when you move in.
The following is a list of suggested items you might want to consider:
- Twin or full size bed
- Dresser, vanity or other item with drawers
- Couch, chairs, love seat and other living room furniture
- Photos, favorite pieces of art, wall hangings, etc.
- Dinette or small drop leaf table
- Night stand(s)
- Television set
- Coffeemaker, electric teapot, SORRY NO HOT PLATES
- Collectibles and knick-knacks
- 2 sets of sheets and pillowcases
- 2 mattress pads
- 2 blankets or comforters to fit beds
- Sleeping pillows
- 2 sets of bathing towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Shower curtain and hooks
- Bring clothing which allows you to feel good and be comfortable
- Plenty of undergarments and socks
- Shoes (we recommend you bring at least one pair of shoes for outings and exercise)
- We recommend to bring at least 7 to 8 outfits, to allow Via Christe time to wash and return your clothing. It is recommended to label or write your last name inside your clothes. All residents’ laundry is washed separately, however, this is a good precaution.
Via Christe offers two separate secure floors, with around-the-clock care, dedicated to serving the needs of people with Alzheimer’s and dementia. We offer private apartments for dementia residents and private apartments for residents needing Early Onset Memory Support. We provide consistent and appropriate activities developed exclusively for these residents as well as assistance to families whose loved ones are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease through a support group and meaningful programs.
- Three delicious meals a day and snacks offered in a family-style atmosphere
- Trained staff to assist with the development of personalized care
- Activities developed specifically for residents with Alzheimer’s and Early Onset dementia
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Assistance with dressing
- Assistance with bathing
- 24-hour medication administration service
- Staff on duty 24 hours
- Bright and sunny apartments
- Beautifully landscaped outside patio
- All utilities
- Basic cable service
- Security access building
- Nursing level of care
If the time that you can stay in rehab is over, allow our community to be your transitional stay until you are ready to go home.
We are a medically trained 24 hour staffed facility. Featuring studio style apartments, Via Christe is a small community that will aid in your recovery and make you feel as much like home as possible.
- Three home-cooked meals daily
- Daily activity programs
- Basic cable
- Kitchenette style studio apartments fully furnished
- Walk-in handicap accessible shower
- Medication assistance
- Daily Catholic Mass
- Short stays available
- 24-hour medical care
Our home cooked meal plan is overseen by a culinary team that specialize in senior nutritional needs. Our menu plans are changed on a seasonal basis. Our goal is to offer the freshest options as possible. That is why we offer our residents options that are in season.
We have a restaurant based dining experience. Every day we have the “menu of the Day” that is placed at their table were they can chose what they would like to dine on. If the resident is not pleased with what is offered they have the option to request an alternative selection.
Also if the resident does not feel well or does not want to come to the dining room, we do offer room service.