Memory care entails specialized care for people with Alzheimer’s and other kinds of dementia. Communities usually feature secure and safe environments where specially trained staff closely monitor the residents’ health and provide quality care required for older adults with memory loss. Events, programs, and activities are available in memory care communities and are designed to enable residents to enjoy their hobbies and passions while working on their cognitive abilities.
At Via Christe, we pride ourselves in offering second to none memory care in Omaha. This involves really getting to know our residents as well as ensuring the well-being of each senior’s mind, spirit, and body. Our finest care team respects every resident we serve, and our mission is to enrich each person’s quality of life.
Short but Complete Guide to Memory Care for Your Loved One
Several studies reveal that moving loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s into an Omaha memory care nursing home as soon as possible leads to better outcomes for the individual’s mental, emotional, and physical well-being. The following are signs it’s the ideal time for memory care:
- After a diagnosis of dementia and Alzheimer’s, you should have a discussion about memory care.
- A deterioration in the overall health of a close family member is an indication that they need memory care. This includes an inability to remember to take medication, how to get home, or even eat.
- Suppose you’ve reached a point where it’s become impossible to juggle caring for a close relative, go to work, and attend to the needs of your family, among other responsibilities. In that case, you should consider Omaha, NE memory care facilities.
Features of Memory Care
Creating a home environment for older adults with memory loss is a key tool in promoting their health and overall well-being. To that end, some of the features available in the leading memory care communities are:
- Top-of-the-line memory care provided by experienced, compassionate, certified, and qualified memory care professionals in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Activities that encourage an engaged lifestyle for meaningful and successful days.
- Assistance with everyday living such as mobility, physical, and dining.
- Medication assistance.
- Family and community education and support groups.
Benefits of Memory Care
Some of the benefits residents and families experience in a premier memory care facility like ours are:
- Safety and security for seniors with memory care provided by approachable and friendly staff 24/7.
- Ongoing health and wellness activities for residents’ cognitive stimulation and general wellness and comfort.
- A full continuum of medical care on-site. This kind of Alzheimer’s and dementia care in Omaha, NE, keep residents comfortable and offers stability. It also provides timely medical care treatment in Omaha to seniors and keeps other medical conditions in check.
Caring, Loving Family at Via Christe
Our memory care in Omaha provides a nurturing and warm environment for patients diagnosed with dementia, including Alzheimer’s. We have two separate, secure, and intimate floors dedicated to memory care to allow residents to master their surroundings and not feel overwhelmed by their environment. Contact Via Christe Assisted Living Community. Learn more: 402-551-5557. Take a virtual tour: https://www.viachriste.com/about/#virtual-tours. Contact us online: http://viachriste.com/contact/.
Omaha NE 68131